[OM] hummers

Subject: [OM] hummers
From: Matt BenDaniel <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:36:50 -0400
Mike,

No problem. Where I'm going, it's rife with hummers in May/June. Hummers are
voracious eaters and quite used to feeding from the feeders there. I'll set up
my own feeder that I'm bringing, draped with brightly colored flowers. It may
take a day for them to get used to it, but they will come. With permission,
I'll block off the other nearby feeders to channel more birds to my feeder.

My pre-travel tests will not involve real birds, but I'll duplicate as much of
everything else I can, to make sure I get the basics of the lighting correct.

Actually, I'm already doing a sort of real test...We just discovered a cardinal
nest right in the rhodies right outside one of our windows, with a female and
three eggs. I've been able to set up a camera and flash there without
disturbing her. In fact she has a tendency to be very still when I'm there,
which enables me to take long exposures.

Matt

--
Matt BenDaniel
matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx