Re: [OM] This is the first time I have posted questions...

Subject: Re: [OM] This is the first time I have posted questions...
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:05:11 -0700
On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:55:16 -0400, Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Back to a.) Making a really, really nice B&W photographic print is very gratifying somehow. Done well and shown in lots of light,
the different tones seem to glow from behind the plane of the paper. I know it sounds absurd but consider this: there is no drugstore in the world that is going to print your photo over and over again, for 3 hours, until it is perfect. When you get out of the darkroom and have THAT to show for the time, paradoxically, the time doesn't matter. There's a badge-of-courage to saying,
"Thanks, it took 2 hours to get the shadow detail right."

Printing B&W is very timeconsuming, smelly, and takes lots of space. If you've ever seen a real B&W print, though, you may find
that none of this matters.
 <<<

wow, superbly said.

/S