Re: [OM] hummers

Subject: Re: [OM] hummers
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:26:18 -0400
Mark,

I seem to remember a few years ago on this list that a member posted a number of hummer photos and the equipment he used as well as the setup. It might be in the archives. You might be interested in how he did it.

Gregg

Mike,

No problem. Where I'm going, it's rife with hummers in May/June. Hummers are voracious eaters and quite used to feeding from the feeders there. I'll set up my own feeder that I'm bringing, draped with brightly colored flowers. It may take a day for them to get used to it, but they will come. With permission, I'll block off the other nearby feeders to channel more birds to my feeder.

My pre-travel tests will not involve real birds, but I'll duplicate as much of everything else I can, to make sure I get the basics of the lighting correct.

Actually, I'm already doing a sort of real test...We just discovered a cardinal nest right in the rhodies right outside one of our windows, with a female and three eggs. I've been able to set up a camera and flash there without disturbing her. In fact she has a tendency to be very still when I'm there, which enables me to take long exposures.

Matt

--
Matt BenDaniel
matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx