Re: [OM] Which slide scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Which slide scanner
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:47:20 -0500
At 07:29 PM 4/28/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Have you noticed Polaroid have dust and scratch removal software
>available for download from their web site?
>
>When you install it, you have the option of using it as a photoshop
>plug in or as a stand alone application.
>
>There are various controls you can set and tweak to make it behave.

I downloaded it and installed it as a plug in. So far I'm under whelmed.
But then i haven't spent much time tweaking so maybe i could get it to
work better. Definitely a learning curve though. I'm faster with a clone
stamp and more accurate.

Mike

After Giles' note I downloaded it too. It seems very powerful. It was removing tips from trees at the default setting, but even then it didn't appear to soften the scan the way the old PS dust and scratches filter does.

You have to submit the S/N from your scanner to start the download, so it probably can't be had directly from Polaroid if you don't own one of their scanners.

Joel W.