[OM] OT -Robert Capa: Storyville

Subject: [OM] OT -Robert Capa: Storyville
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:16:02 +0100
Hi All

You may be interested to know that "Storyville" was shown on BBC Four last night in the UK and for me it was a very interesting documentary. For instance, I had not known that Capa was good chums with H Cartier-Bresson (who seemed to be a lovely, gentle soul), or that they, with a Polish photographer called "Chim" had set up a sort of brotherhood for a while in Paris in the mid-1930s.

In addition to the historical interest of the documentary, there were 2 other points: war is utterly ghastly; and it is easy to become dewy-eyed at the romance of photography then.

Chris
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.