Re: [OM] Re: Fast Bright Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Fast Bright Flash
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:09:13 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Steinman" <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> If you have tons of natural light, the Olympus E-20 will take a 1/18,000th
exposure WITHOUT FLASH!

I just worry you will not get 1/18,000s at most situation. A rough
calculation of sunny 16 is F2.8 at 1/16000s (ISO400). It is barely reachable
with E-20's grainly ISO320 setting at F2.4 under bright sun light.

> If you put their TCON-300 teleconverter on the front of it, you'll have a
35mm equivalent 420mm, f2.8 lens!

> This sounds like the ultimate "hummer hunter" to me!

Although I'm not sure but most likely with the T-Con 300 you will only get
good working distance but not enough magnificaion.

C.H.Ling