Re: [OM] This is the first time I have posted questions...

Subject: Re: [OM] This is the first time I have posted questions...
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:18:05 -0400
On Wednesday, April 30, 2003 at 22:09
C.H.Ling <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Most likely it is the battery pack getting old, I remember I once got a good
> Ni-cd pack, it gave me 5fps with my MD-1 on my OM4Ti. All the document I got
> shown that MD-1 can delivery 5fps on OM2n at shutter speed over 1/250s. Now
> I have two Ni-cd pack, one delivery around 4.1fps (with 12 cells from the
> square 9V battery pack, this one does not have the required high drain
> current), the other one delivery around 4.3fps (with 11pcs 280mAH Ni-MH
> cyliner cells, this one has not enough voltage but there is no space to put
> 12 cells).

There are many more sizes than the standard ones that can be bought on special
order for exactly that circumstance - to maintain voltage that alkalines can
produce by using more smaller cells.

Other reasons for different sizes are to maintain a certain form factor.

With a big enough order, you can get any size of battery you want.

tOM
---------
2003 Jun 28-30 in Ottawa:
http://www.CanadianCameraConference.ca
tOM Trottier,   ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980