Re: [OM] OT copyright question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT copyright question
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:21:52 +0100
Roger

I respect Dizel's experience in this matter, but you may not have to worry about seeing a lawyer. Remember that the Small Claims Court (a branch of the County Court I believe) will help you to lodge a civil claim for up to £3,000 (that was the last upper limit that I hear of). You can send them the letter that Dizel suggests, with or without a solicitor's help, and if they will not give you satisfaction (e.g. a fee for using your photo) you can inform them that the Court will have to decide the rights and wrongs of the affair. The Small Claims Court's fees are pretty low: try http://www.anweb.co.uk/l_04_d3/d3a26.htm

Best of luck

Chris