Re: [OM] Photographs with OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographs with OM
From: Jose Afonso <jm_afonso@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:59:38 +0100 (BST)
Cc: ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello again fellow zuiks,

thanks for the comments on the photos. I do like these
shots myself (which is the small fraction of nice
pictures I have... lots of lousy ones)...
:)

I should have added the information that most of these
pictures were digitized with a good scanner (4000 dpi,
but don't ask me more... I was testing the services
offered by a local shop) while 5 were scanned at a
lower resolution (the "standard" service at that
store) - lizard, moon and plane, Residenz Palatz,
Odeonsplatz and Sest again. That is probably why we
don't see much colour in the stars over Sest in that
one (as Fernando pointed). But do compare with "Yet
again", which was taken on the same roll just after
this one (can you identify the same stars on both?).

Chris got me worried over the glass church... Do you
mean it would benefit of a small rotation and
trimming, or that you believe I have done that?
I remember thinking about rotating one picture, and
that was "Field". Lovely, but what a crooked horizon!
But I didn't like the idea, nor the result (the
interpolation), so I didn't. But in "Glass Church" I
don't remember even trying it. About the cropping,
I may have done a bit in the bottom (I did crop
dragonfly and spider), but there is still a lot of
"uninteresting" background below the church...

Cheers
Jose

Lovely photos Jose, and nicely laid out.  You have