Re: [OM] Photographs with OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographs with OM
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:08:57 -0300
on 30/04/2003 14:59, Jose Afonso at jm_afonso@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Sest again. That is probably why we
> don't see much colour in the stars over Sest in that
> one (as Fernando pointed). But do compare with "Yet
> again", which was taken on the same roll just after
> this one (can you identify the same stars on both?).
Sure, I had not payed enough attention to Yet Again. Better colours, and the
sad conclusion that a higher resolution scanner yields better results, which
puts my goal of purchasing any one of the recomended in this list very far
away, as far as the stars...

BTW, both pictures were taken @2.8 but the one using the normal lens was
exposed quite a bit longer than the one using the 24mm. Reciprocity failure
gave the sky a brownish colour in Sest Again, while remained almost black in
Yet Again. How did you meter exposure time, why did you decide different
ones, and why didn't you use the OM4? For the same kind of picture, I let my
OM2 overexposing +1 @5.6 if I remember. The sky rendered a dark bluish
colour, and I remember going to have dinner and when returning about half an
hour later or even more, it was still open.

Regards

Fernando.