Re: [OM] [OT] Speaking of spam

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Speaking of spam
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 00:20:46 -0400
Is it me?  This is transparent, political posturing, right?

I can imagine the governor posing for pictures on the steps of the courthouse
with overblown rhetoric like, "The Commonwealth of
Virginia is putting spammers on notice!"

<crowd cheers>

"No longer will we tolerate spam in Virginia!"

<crowd cheers>

"My administration has the courage to say 'NO' to spam!"

Can you imagine a parole request after serving 2 of 5 years for spamming?
"Let's see.  No, the Commonweath has denied your request
for early release.  We don't believe you've rehabilitated yourself.  If we let
you go, we think you'll spam again."

There's no way there going to actually carry out a 5 year felony sentence on
someone for spamming.  No way.

Lama