Re: [OM] Now Hummingbirds (was F280 FP )

Subject: Re: [OM] Now Hummingbirds (was F280 FP )
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:58:36 -0700
I saw more hummrs in other places than in Cave Creek Park, but it was definitely a cool place to visit. We looked, but didn't see any Trogons. The thing that amazed me was that there was such an impressinve National Park that I know nothing about. We just went by 'cause we were in the neighborhood, staying in Paradise. We drove down the access road from Portal and suddenly here was a canyon entrance not quite up to Yosemite Valley, but in the same ballpark. I don't know if it is crowded in season, but it sure was quiet when we were there.

The Sonora Desert Museum is definitely worth a visit. The hummer aviary is cool and there is another, larger aviary with other birds of the desert. And lots of other picture worthy stuff.

Moose