Re: [OM] TOPE slide help

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE slide help
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 17:07:05 -0700
I'd be happy to scan a few slides, if you want to chance the vagaries of the mail. I can only do 2700dpi, but that's more than enough for the web. I suspect other listees would do a few 4000dpi scans for you. Quite a few independent camera shops that do their own developing offer scanning services. Between tourists and pros doing promotional photography, I'd imagine there is a lot of film processed on Maui. Check to see if anybody is doing it right there. I got my last roll of neg film processed and scanned without any prints at all. Cheaper and the scans are better than the prints for my purposes (and I don't pay to print the dupes and duds). I can't really see the difference on most shots when reduced to web size, but did scan my TOPE entry myself, to be sure.

I'm glad to hear the 21mm is getting good use.

Moose

danrich wrote:

I'd like to submit some 35MM slides to the TOPE page.
How can I do this short of having to getting my own scanner thingamajig?
I got some terrific shots with my Zuiko 90mm 21mm and 50