Re: [OM] Good bokah, bad bokah?

Subject: Re: [OM] Good bokah, bad bokah?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 07:31:18 -0500
I agree that the background in C.H. Ling's iris photo is less than ideal from a bokeh fan's standpoint, but it is perfectly natural to the iris and not unpleasing.

I thought C.H. made an interesting point in his other note about judging bokeh by comparing similar rather than dissimilar backgrounds. He's got my vote for bokeh guru.

Agree about the 135/4.5. I have to focus a little more carefully than with the 90/2 because of the darker viewfinder, so I am not as consistent at getting the focus exactly where I want it. But when it's good, it's very very good.

Joel W.