Re: [OM] A non-hazy 65-200, was hazy 65-200

Subject: Re: [OM] A non-hazy 65-200, was hazy 65-200
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 13:35:21 -0600
clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Since you're not disturbing the zoom's focus, only the infinity
> focus, it's much easier.  Once it's largely back together, you'd just
> turn the front group until the lens focuses properly on a known good
> body (with split image finder, pointed at something several miles
> away).  Then insert the screws with the distance ring at the infinity
> mark.

 Okay, thanks! When I'm next feeling brave, I'll give it a go.. (actually,
given all my tiny screwdrivers and suchlike are in storage back in Canada,
it seems more prudent to wait until I'm back there rather than trying to use
the top of a knife or something like I've been doing for things recently)

 -- dan