Re: [OM] Good bokah, bad bokah?

Subject: Re: [OM] Good bokah, bad bokah?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 07:32:49 +0100
CH

It has taken me some time to get around to looking at your comparison (I was not too interested to begin with as we are talking pretty esoteric and subjective qualities here), but thank you for taking the trouble.

There seems to be little difference (i.e. I cannot see one) between the lenses at 40 inches; and I find them all pleasant. Of the ones taken at 20 inches, the 50-250 is the odd one out. According to the Gary Edwards test (of List opinion) the bokeh of this zoom is not pleasant. However, as with Gary's photo, I quite like the effect, as long as it does not detract from the composition of the photograph. I have not seen anyone else's opinions except to mutter about how many lenses you have.

And may I complain about the "Disneyfication" of Winnie the Pooh... I really enjoyed AA Milne's books when I was small and the cartoons and merchandising completely miss the point of Winnie the Pooh in my opinion.

;-)

Chris