Re: [OM] Photographs with OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographs with OM
From: Jose Afonso <jm_afonso@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 14:44:44 +0100 (BST)
Hello Fernando

> BTW, both pictures were taken @2.8 but the one using
> the normal lens was
> exposed quite a bit longer than the one using the
> 24mm. Reciprocity failure
> gave the sky a brownish colour in Sest Again, while
> remained almost black in
> Yet Again.

I took some time to reply to this, since I had to
check with my notes back home. Actually both images
were taken with roughly the same exposure time, around
30 minutes. Examining the slides, I see that the skies
on both of them are quite similar, with just a slight
brownish hue - I would say that the lower quality
scanning machine used in "Sest Again" didn't deal well
with the colours (neither the stars, which are very
colourful in the slide, nor the sky).

> How did you meter exposure time, why did
> you decide different
> ones, and why didn't you use the OM4? For the same
> kind of picture, I let my
> OM2 overexposing +1 @5.6 if I remember. The sky
> rendered a dark bluish
> colour, and I remember going to have dinner and when
> returning about half an
> hour later or even more, it was still open.

Didn't use the OM4 just to save batteries (and I don't
think the auto mechanism would allow a 30 minute
exposure, would it? I think it goes to a maximum of 4
minutes). I knew the exposure would be around 30
minutes, so I just took a few with different lenses
and changing the integration times a bit between
different exposures.

Cheers
Jose