Re: [OM] A few macro shots of my own

Subject: Re: [OM] A few macro shots of my own
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 19:23:46 -0700
The cricket shots are quite wonderful. It seems to have a personality in the second shot where it is apparently looking into the lens. The macro using a reversed 24mm is intriguing. Is that on a bellows, extension tubes? Which 24mm lens? The model railroad pics are technically fine, but the subject doesn't engage me. My late brother would have loved them. The tulip is quite nice, with just a hint that it's a good thing the background is far away and largely dark. Then the primroses confirm that the 35mm (2.8, 2.0?) you used has ugly bokeh. If that were my shot, I'd crop out a lot of the background. Things are all right again with the pansy, the out of focus area is far away and dark.

Moose

Wim Verheyen wrote:

Here is a link to some of my own macro shots :
http://users.skynet.be/aemit/photo/macro2/wim/html/index.html
Comments welcome.