Re: [OM] Oily Zuiko blades

Subject: Re: [OM] Oily Zuiko blades
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 09:16:36 -0400
I don't use lens cases, as I find them to be inconvenient.  But I
have kept all those I have acquired though the years, and a trip
down into the basement just now to locate the box most of the
cases are stored in, followed by sticking in the appropriate lens,
trying it each way when the answer wasn't obvious, shows that at
least these lenses fit their hard cases ONLY nose up:

35/2, 135/2.8, 180/2.8, 300/4.5, and 400/6.3.

The 21/2 can go either way, as can the 135/4.5 macro, but I think
they were meant to go nose up like the others.  Those were all the
hard cases I could find.  With the soft cases, there's no way to
tell what orientation was intended.

I have always stored my lenses nose up and never had a problem
with oily blades.  I just think they're more comfortable sitting
on their bottoms.  I know I am.  ;-)

Walt