Re: [OM] Bugging the birds

Subject: Re: [OM] Bugging the birds
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 15:35:29 -0700
Wal-Marts don't come very close to Berkeley, some sort of karmic dissonance, I suppose, but I do occasionally trek to one to buy suet at less than half the price of the bird stores or Dun-Craft on the web for the exact same suet (not hot enough here to need the dough type). Since I buy a lot at once, the last cakes sometimes have interesting things growing and sometimes crawling around in them. The birds seem to love it. Wal-Mart's seed is also cheaper, but the composition is cheaper too.

Birds Unlimited is a lot of fun, but pretty pricey for some stuff. It's even further away than W-M, but next to a Chinese restaurant that's worth the trip. Oooohh, hot spicy eggplant, I can hardly wait!

Moose

Walt Wayman wrote:

They had a big sale on suet dough, usually $2.99 per cake, for only $1.00 each
because--get this--it had BUGS in it!  I bought two dozen cakes of suet dough
with live insect larvae crawling about.  Won't the birds be disappointed!