Re: [OM] Cosina/Voigtlander SL 40/2 for OM vs Zuiko 40/2

Subject: Re: [OM] Cosina/Voigtlander SL 40/2 for OM vs Zuiko 40/2
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 10:18:17 -0500
If the CV lens turned in the "right" direction, I might consider one, but after
using OM's for almost 30 years (and now Leica's, which also turn the same way),
I am loathe to buy any third party lenses that turn backwards.  I've developed
an instinctive muscle memory of which way to turn a lens for closer focus and
it's not something that I want to try and change.

Oh, and I'm glad you validated my instincts; that the newer lens would be
noticably sharper.  The Zuiko 40/2 is definitely an urban legend of a lens.

Thanks for the report.

Skip

Please reply to [skipwilliams at pobox.com]
Direct responses to the email address on the header may get lost