[OM] OM 3 Lockup problem

Subject: [OM] OM 3 Lockup problem
From: Markus Haukebøe <markus.haukeboe@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 14:38:37 +0200
Hi

I was enjoying a ski holyday in BC Canada.  During my holiday I had a
surprising and very inconvenient lockup on my OM 3 body.  I was smart enough
to bring a spare body, and was saved by the performance by my OM 2 SP.

Is there anyone knowing if there is anything I can do with my OM 3 without
having to send it away.  The locking occurred while I changed film.  It was
rather cold, and I was using Winder.  The body locked when the new film was
in place, on the first frame to advance the film to ready position.

The shutter release button will not press beyond the level to turn metering
on (as if the film was exposed, and new frame not advanced).  The film
advance lever will not turn (as if the camera was ready to shoot).  The
Rewind Release button is pressed.

I suffer on similar locking on the same body earlier (also using the
Winder).  This occurred when the winder ran out of batteries, and had
similar characteristics as the above mentioned.  Since this happened while
in the middle of a film, the rewind button was not pressed.  This time I
just rewinded the film slightly (without pushing the rewind button), just
enough to move the take up spool slightly.  This unlocked the camera.  Since
the later occasion occurred with the rewind button pushed, the take up spool
is detached, and I cant use this approach to unlock the body.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Markus Haukebøe