Re: [OM] Re: bokeh&blades

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: bokeh&blades
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 23:13:22 +0800
My experience with the 75-150 was always good, I had three and still keep
one, it is a bit lower in contrast but resolution is very good. This was
recently confirmed again with the 10D. The 75-150 will be the lens that
always go with my 10D, especially the D-range of 10D is not that great, a
lower contrast lens will help to give more room for post processing.

The example of a lens with triangle aperture is just too extreme (I know the
85/1.4 Rollie has this specail blade construction) it lead to people think
that the a lens with good bokeh must have round aperture. This one with XA
square aperture at F5.6, is it very poor? Yes, the bright spots look square
but overall is quite pleasing.

http://www.accura.com.hk/XA-05.jpg

C.H.Ling