Re: [OM] Mercury battery replacements

Subject: Re: [OM] Mercury battery replacements
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 16:46:15 -0400
They're saying that the 1.5V  (probably 1.59v with no load) will cause
exposure errors compared to the proper voltage of 1.35V.  So, you're
supposed to set the asa lower to fool the meter into causing overexposure.
As I recall, the meter error is 2-3 stops.  Maybe someone else can offer
more info.  I haven't purposely tested a camera with a 1.5v (probably 1.59
v) in a long time, no need too, we all know here that it is wrong.
It  would be like using a alkaline 625U (if it were stable).
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,
please call 1-800-221-3000