Re: [OM] Other fast tight grain film?

Subject: Re: [OM] Other fast tight grain film?
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 00:39:04 -0400
Popular Photography magazine talked about this.  Without looking it up, from
memory, the deal is:
When you underexpose and over develop Ektachrome 100 it goes magenta.  (That
would be a push.)

Instead of making a new emulasion that's rated at 200, they just make special
batches of Ektachrome 100 that are biased to cancel
the added magenta.  Technically I suppose it's really "green E100".  The only
way it makes sense to use it is to expose it AT 200
and specify "+1 processing".

Don't shoot it normally and drop it off at the drugstore.  You'll get
underdeveloped, green transparencies.

Lama

(John Lind, am I close?)