Re: [OM] Which adapter to use a Zuiko 24-shift on a mam*ya 645

Subject: Re: [OM] Which adapter to use a Zuiko 24-shift on a mam*ya 645
From: Matt BenDaniel <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 15:15:13 -0400
Iwert,

You need to look at the flange back distances of OM (I think it's 46.0mm) and
Mamiya 645 (I think it's 63.3mm). Since the Mamiya's flange back distance is
much longer, with any simple mounting of an OM lens on a Mamiya 645, you will
have trouble reaching infinity focus. It's like having built in macro extension
that you cannot get rid of. This is the reason why you don't see commercial
adapters to mount 35mm lenses on MF cameras. You need a customized MF body for
it to work.

Matt

--
Matt BenDaniel