Re: [OM] Which adapter to use a Zuiko 24-shift on a mam*ya 645

Subject: Re: [OM] Which adapter to use a Zuiko 24-shift on a mam*ya 645
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 23:17:52 +1200
Matt wrote

Iwert,

You need to look at the flange back distances of OM (I think it's 46.0mm) and
Mamiya 645 (I think it's 63.3mm). Since the Mamiya's flange back distance is
much longer, with any simple mounting of an OM lens on a Mamiya 645, you
will have trouble reaching infinity focus. It's like having built in macro
extension that you cannot get rid of. This is the reason why you don't see
commercial adapters to mount 35mm lenses on MF cameras. You need a
customized MF body for it to work.
Matt

About a year ago a 24mm OM shift came available on a local Australian
auction site. The lens itself had a big front chip. It was mounted on a 6x6
body.

One of us Zuikoholics bought it - was it Tom Trottier?

Perhaps he could advise what body was used. I think a leaf shutter had been
adapted to work with it.

I saved the online photos of it as well as some shots the seller posted to
show what it could do.

Brian