Re: [OM] 17mm's

Subject: Re: [OM] 17mm's
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 18:34:17 -0600
> One can regularly see on *bay Tokina and Tamron 17mm 3.5 lenses.

 By the looks of it, the Tokina 17/3.5 is identical to the Vivitar 17/3.5 I
have here -- if so, then it's a nice lens, yup, and they seem to be going
relatively cheaply, too. In practise I end up using it less often than I
thought I would; it's mainly useful for interiors/on city streets where you
just can't get far enough back otherwise. I've taken rather too many
landscapes with it that wind up making a spectacular view in person look
like nothing, because there's too much in the shot..

 -- dan