[OM] OM-2n Flash Problem?

Subject: [OM] OM-2n Flash Problem?
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 20:03:44 -0500

Another request for help! I'm checking out an OM-2n for possible purchase, and find that something is not right with the hot shoe... I get no flash ready light in the viewfinder, and sometimes the flash isn't triggered. I've swapped in a known to be fully functional shoe 4 with no real success, though the flash always fires with that one, and the auto confirmation lamp (on the flash) lights. I'm guessing that the problem is in the body contacts to the Shoe 4... anyone have similar experiences with a -2n? The seller indicated the camera has not been used for awhile, so I suppose a little corrosion could have crept in... is this something which might get expensive to repair? Otherwise the camera functions properly, and seems a good addition to my meager collection...

Thanx in advance for any insights and advice....