[OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #4034

Subject: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #4034
From: "Douglas Tourtelot" <tourtelot1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 18:30:48 -0700
Hi all-

I am brand new to Olympus and the group.  I just found a cosmetically
excellent Black OM-2N with a 50mm 1.4 and winder 2. Seems mechanically
perfect as well, but I'll reserve judgment on that until early next week. I
am proud as punch!  I don't shoot a lot of 35mm but this camera was too cool
to pass up!  I'll have my boring test roll processed on Monday, chromes, to
see if the "auto" is behaving properly (mostly use hand meters as well<g>
but an auto camera would be nice sometimes, assuming that it works well.)  I
bought a re-foam kit and a replacement cover for the MD socket (long lost,
I'm sure) and I am ready to go to town.

Now, of course, the need for new glass becomes overwhelming (although I am
sure none of you have suffered from this affliction) and I am looking for
two lenses:  a 100mm 2.8 and a 24mm 2.8 (is that right?).  I am looking for
shooters; I am no collector (well, I collect I guess, if number of cameras
is a sign of that, but I work them all hard.)

So anyone that has a "user" 100mm or 24mm that they would like to sell,
please let me know off-list.

Thanks.

Regards,

Douglas Tourtelot, CAS