RE: [OM] Incriminating Photographs or How the OM system can save your jo

Subject: RE: [OM] Incriminating Photographs or How the OM system can save your job
From: "Gary L. Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 21:44:01 -0500
Speaking of incriminating photos. . .

I went to Mayfest last weekend for some people-shooting practice - preparing
for the trip to Ireland and England this summer.  Lots of interesting
subjects: belly dancers, mimes, ordinary people, some of whom were walking
their parrot (at Mayfest - don't know about Ireland, yet).  I took one
innocent snap of a cuddly couple seated on the grassy bank of the Trinity
River.  A friend accompanying me asked after I shot, "Do you know who that
is?"  "No," I replied. "It's xxxx, the president of yyyy."  "Yyyy" is a
small, but well-connected local firm that we both have dealings with.

A few days later, my friend called.  "You know that picture of yyyy?"  I had
a feeling from the way he asked.  "Don't tell me, that's not his wife," I
said.  "It's not, and it is an employee of the firm."  Amazing - Mayfest is
pretty well-attended by the movers and shakers in Fort Worth.

OM content: subject slide was Provia 100F pushed two stops in an OM-4t
shooting Tom Scales' Tamron SP 80-200 f/2.8 zoom with a monopod, 200 mm at
f/4, about 1/250.  Nice and sharp, but the composition didn't work out.

Well, the slide got canned.  No need to go any further. It wasn't good
anyway. Now, the belly dancers, that's another story.

Gary

Gary Edwards

www.peopleplacesflight.com