Re: [OM] OM-2n Flash Problem?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n Flash Problem?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 00:59:19 -0700
Curtis -- You are probably going to want a CLA on this body eventually... I
would suggest that the action of trying out a different shoe and not fixing
the problem creates a bargaining point.

Since a CLA costs $100 or so, a suggestion would be that maybe you can get
$40 or so off due to this defect, and then get it fixed when the CLA is done
(if it is a loose connection under the top cover, for instance). If the rest
of the camera works well at this point, you can put that CLA off for a
while, and still have saved some OMoney on the purchase.

FWIW, I have a champagne OM-4T that's in a similar situation -- I got a good
deal due to a noticeable but minor defect that will be straightened out
during a CLA, which will happen once I am gainfully employed again...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...