Why. why, why OM-3Ti over 4Ti? (was Re: [OM] WTB: OM-3 Ti)

Subject: Why. why, why OM-3Ti over 4Ti? (was Re: [OM] WTB: OM-3 Ti)
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 12:58:34 -0500
Consistanty, I don't understand the allure of the 3Ti and it's inflated
pricetag vs a 4Ti.

Battery independance?  How hard is it to take 2-3 sets of button batteries
along?

Maaaaybeee cold weather liabilities?  I guess you could argue that one; the 4Ti
craps out at low temps. (but a couple of OM-1's are a lot cheaper.)

I can't think of anything else that someone could really need a 3Ti vs a 4Ti
for.  And you give up the AE, which IMO frees me from a lot of decisions when
I'm trying to take fast moving pictures.

Can anyone enlighten me why they're SO desirable that people are paying $1500?

Skip

Please reply to skipwilliams at pobox.com
I might not notice personal emails to this address