Re: Why. why, why OM-3Ti over 4Ti? (was Re: [OM] WTB: OM-3 Ti)

Subject: Re: Why. why, why OM-3Ti over 4Ti? (was Re: [OM] WTB: OM-3 Ti)
From: "Jan Sturm \(GMX\)" <jan.sturm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 19:41:14 +0200
Basically, threefold:

1 - I like to really "compose" a shot - photography can be a form of art - I don't need any automatic telling me what speed / aperture to use
2 - F280 Full Syncro
3 - This is a gut thing like i prefer a mechanical auto winding watch over anything batteries may offer featurewise and maybe the fact that the oldest one you will be able to buy may not be older than 1995 ?

Batteries are not the big issue - i regularly carrie spares aplenty

Ohh, did I mention "sound" ? ;-))

And, I'm completing my OM Body collection.....

Kind regards,
Jan

Skip Williams wrote:

Consistanty, I don't understand the allure of the 3Ti and it's inflated pricetag vs a 4Ti. Battery independance? How hard is it to take 2-3 sets of button batteries along?
Maaaaybeee cold weather liabilities?  I guess you could argue that one; the 4Ti
craps out at low temps. (but a couple of OM-1's are a lot cheaper.)

I can't think of anything else that someone could really need a 3Ti vs a 4Ti for. And you give up the AE, which IMO frees me from a lot of decisions when I'm trying to take fast moving pictures.
Can anyone enlighten me why they're SO desirable that people are paying $1500?

Skip

Please reply to skipwilliams at pobox.com
I might not notice personal emails to this address