Re: [OM] Slower Zoom Lenses and Weddings

Subject: Re: [OM] Slower Zoom Lenses and Weddings
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 16:26:22 -0700 (PDT)
Reading John's wedding sagas is a healthy reminder of why I
really don't like doing weddings.  That one sounded *almost*
fun, though.

As far as zooms are concerned... Zooms for wedding work are
invaluable.  Otherwise, you really need to be running two
cameras with two different focal lengths.  My favorites are 35mm
and 100mm.  My usage of the IS-3 gives me a desire for an
equivelent lens for the OM though.

Film choice is quite critical too.  As much as I like Portra 160
(prefer NC), Portra 400 gives me much more flexibility and
"safety".  What is lost in resolution (come on, the formals
should be taken with medium format anyway), is made up for with
backgrounds that don't black out (lower flash/ambient ratio),
smaller F-stops and faster flash recycle times.

Last week, I finally finished off a batch of VC. I really gave
it a try.  I hoped that I could modify my technique enough to
get what others get with it.  Sorry, no go.  My next order from
BH is for NC again.

AG-Schnozz