Re: [OM] Comments to ZUIKO 28mm 2.8 LENS Item # 2926983540

Subject: Re: [OM] Comments to ZUIKO 28mm 2.8 LENS Item # 2926983540
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:33:36 -0400
On Tuesday, May 13, 2003 at 0:09
Titoy <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On the Ebay offer above, I read the ff:
>
> OLYMPUS OM ZUIKO 28mm 2.8 LENS FREE SHIP
> Item # 2926983540
>
> Key Features
>
> .  This Olympus developed retrofocus wideangle lens has the convex lens
> elements mounted in front for excellent performance in a compact,
> lightweight design.
> .  It features very good image flatness and reduced likelihood of
> distortion.
> .  The edge of the thick center lens has a wedge-shaped chamfer "flare stop"
> prevent harmful internal reflections. .  Contrast is remarkable, with fine
> detail shown even in dark areas, and color reproduction is outstanding. .  An
> excellent choice for interiors, group photos, cityscapes, landscapes and
> snapshots.
>
> Are the above comments true?

You can look at the diagram at
    http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/lensgroup/28mmf28.htm
to see the little black wedges on the side of the thick element.

For quality, see
    http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default_m.htm#28mm

The f/2 is even better - and pricier.

tOM
---------
2003 Jun 28-30 in Ottawa:
http://www.CanadianCameraConference.ca
tOM Trottier,   ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980