Re: [OM] Film Care?

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Care?
From: mak@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:22:04 -0700 (PDT)
Define film. Professional emulsions are shipped at peak and kept cool. Oters
are shipped uh green for lack of a better term. Experience varies etc etc
suffice to say I have some 1962 Ortho Film (Ansco Super Hypan) that shoots
fine...and I have some type 779 Polaroid dated 2001 that is useless.

Film kept cool and sealed SHOULD be good long past the exp date. In the fridge
even better. Frozen better still. Slow B&W lasts better and longer than fast
B&W (and fast color)

Kodachrome is essentially black and white film...the color is incorporated in
processing...Ektachrome is not...ISO 25/64 Kodachrome in the freezer should be
good for years...old ISO 1600 Ektachrome at 80 degrees will shift to
red/magenta big time...

Mark

> Now as summer gets closer, can anyone give some advice on film care and
temperatures?
I was thinking of storing my camera in an "Igloo" lunch box, of course
without ice in it!
How long dose film last at the highest quality passed the expiration
date?
I would think they put in a buffer window of time regarding the final
date?
Dan

< Web Page: <a target=_blank
href="http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html";>http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html</a>