Re: [OM] Slower Zoom Lenses and Weddings

Subject: Re: [OM] Slower Zoom Lenses and Weddings
From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 08:47:00 -0500
John:

i don't do much of the wedding scene, but occassionaly will shoot some stuff
in our church at different times of the year.  i had been using my 28/2 and
85/2 with good sucess, but have missed one or two shots, and don't really
like lugging around a bag to hold all of my stuff.  i can usually put one of
the lenses in my pocket as i switch between the two, but with the hoods on,
it can be inconvenient.

i recently saw a Tamron 35-105/2.8 which looks to be a nice lens, however, i
do like to get in a bit closer and use the 28mm AoV.  this brought me to the
Vivitar Series 1 28-90/2.8-3.5.  so far everything has worked out well and i
enjoy using it.  it's a one-touch design, and although it goes out of focus
when zoomed, i have quickly gotten used to it.

I am interested in your observations regarding the 35-105/2.8 as it does
seem like a good lens with great potential.  there is one here locally which
i will visit again to see how it compares to the Viv.  from memory, i think
the Viv is bigger and heavier, but certainly much more solid.

Be sure to let us know how the Tamnron work out for you!

Bob