Re: [OM] Warning: flying into (and out of) the UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Warning: flying into (and out of) the UK
From: Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:31:31 +0100

Do you mean to say you have actually had success at getting your film hand checked at an airport in the UK ? 8-)

They were just the same at Heathrow in the early nineties. I had film in canisters in my pocket, I asked for them to be hand inspected, I even removed them from the canisters. They just put them straight through the X-ray machine.

Giles

The best success I have had while traveling is to state that the film I am carrying is "Professional film". When they see the Provia name they always comply. Often even without seeing the name if I say it is professional film (having the film in the Black OM 4T helps too!

gregg