[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4040

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4040
From: petertje@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 21:04:12 +0100
Hi,

> Yes, we are lucky, we're only the second most 'tax-milked' country after
> Denmark
<snip>
> but in
> either case of unemployment, illness or other bad luck we are in the best
> countries there are!

Dare I mention that I'm on a 2-year holiday, living off social security, with
job protection (employee pays nothing while I'm out) ?  Belgian government has
this system for people who want to take a "sabbatical".  I can do anything I
like, as long as I don't engage in commercial activities.  My salary is small
now, but since I made a big decision (stopping the job & going back to
college), I planned ahead.

Oh yeah, and since I'm now back in college, I'm also entitled to 2 more ways of
government sponsorship.  And college is *cheap* in Belgium.  The total of the 3
replacement incomes should pay for about 800f my expenses for the 2 years.

I don't mind paying for all those taxes anymore since I decided IT was getting
boring, and decided to study Japanese for a change.  :-)

OM content: my savings will allow me purchases of long-craved OM lenses (and
allow me to spend my long college holiday abroad using them).  I'm also hoping
that I can use some spare time to get some Fangs & sell them off for decent
prices :-)

Peter.