RE: [OM] Warning: flying into (and out of) the UK

Subject: RE: [OM] Warning: flying into (and out of) the UK
From: Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:15:05 +0100

I was patted down last time through the Uk because the metal detector went off after I was sure I had nothing. It must have been my fillings or the eyelets on my boots, possibly the latter because I was asked if I had steel toe caps.

My mother, who is 70+, has had quite some hassels because she has two artificial knees and a hip.

Giles

If memory serves me correctly, I've actually succeeded with
carrying 8 rolls in pants pockets.  Of course people will look
at you funny.  (is that a brick of Velvia in your pocket or...)
When it's winter, you can carry a bunch in coat pockets.  The
trick is to keep them as close to the center of your body as
possible.