[OM] Alternative to Zuiko 50mm f/3.5 Macro

Subject: [OM] Alternative to Zuiko 50mm f/3.5 Macro
From: "Lama \(Jim L*Hommedieu\)" <jlamadoo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:44:44 -0700 (PDT)
At the risk of educating someone who's going to
evenually outbid me, I'll clue someone in on a deal.

On the 3rd party site, I think it said that Panagor
lenses were all made by Kiron.  If you need a normal
perspective Normal lens, you want to verify that
because right now there's a Panagor 55mm f/2.8 macro
on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2928825974&category=3344

I have never seen a review of this lens but I swear my
Kiron 80-200 f4 is far, far sharper than my Tamron
80-210 f/4.5 ever was.  I paid about $30 for it and
happily sold off my Zuiko 200 f/4.  With the money I
*made* I bought most of a sturdy tripod.

While my experince with a different lens doesn't mean
that the 55mm is automatically a good one, this beast
is currently sitting at $15 with no reserve.  It's in
good cosmetic condition but wow, it's no beauty, even
in perfect condition.  Our Zuikos really have nice
contours and finish.

I paid $250 for my ex-50mm f/3.5 macro.  If someone
wants a useful tool for *pennies *on *the *dollar, I'd
jump at this one.

It's disturbing that the seller didn't put on a rear
cap on the lens before standing it on it's back for
the picture though.  Me?  I'd send him a rear cap
before he ships it!

Lama