Re: [OM] Pentaprism Cancer

Subject: Re: [OM] Pentaprism Cancer
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 20:50:55 -0500
Opening and removing the prism for cleaning shouldn't actually _cause_
any damage -- once the foam has dissolved the coating of the prism, it's
gone.  We don't replace the foam, by the way -- most later OM's don't
have it at all.

Interestingly, if you thoroughly clean the prism and buff off the
residue leaving only bare glass, the damage to the coating virtually
disappears except along the edge of the "injury".