Re: [OM] Incidental Zone System Thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] Incidental Zone System Thoughts
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:40:21 -0400
I have lately been, for reasons not relevant here, very, very
busy, barely having time to read the list traffic, much less
compose and post profoundly elucidating postulations and
hypotheses.  Therefore, this is, of necessity, going to be brief
and to the point.

Two observations regarding current topics:

(1)  Nothing, absolutely nothing, beats incident readings for
determining correct exposure, particularly when shooting color,
and most particularly when shooting transparencies.

(2) About the only part of the Zone System with any real practical
application when shooting color, and again particularly
transparencies, is an occasional tiny bit of pre-exposure to raise
the value of the shadows in especially contrasty scenes, like in
some sunlit landscapes and such.

As always, just my opinions, of which I have many.

Walt