Re: [OM] Re: meters

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: meters
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:25:26 -0500
Matt,

If you take the incident reading at the point the light falls on the subject or
a similar point, you shouldn't have to do any adjustment.  The reflected light
from that subject will determine its tonality, regardless of its lightness or
darkness.

I'm with Jan on this one.  I use incident metering 20:1 outside of my camera
vs. reflected metering.  Spot metering is pretty much overkill for most
subjects unless you can't get close to the subject or you need to
contract/expand tones on a particularly flat or high-dynamic-range subject
scene.

Can you describe a scene where you feel you'd need to interpret an incident
reading?

Skip

Please reply to [skipwilliams at pobox.com]
Direct responses to the email address on the header may get lost