Re: [OM] Re: Re: meters

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Re: meters
From: "Titoy" <litefoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:43:36 +0800
CH:

You hit the nail on the head saying that experience is needed in using spot
meter, more so mulitspot. I have just owned an OM4t for three months and I
am still feeling my way to know what exactly to meter in a picture. I have
ended up many times with underexposed pictures! Then now I realize I am
faster to just bracket +1 in sunlit high contrast scenes when I am in a
hurry. I used to do better with my OM2Sp where I would just move the camera
around the highlight and shadow and then mentally choose where between the
extreme values I would lock in the manual exposure. I can also do that with
the OM 4t of course.

now it leaves mewondering if the OM2Sp was really good enough
anyway.....well one thing, the OM4T just feels more solid, and still has
parts for repair.