Re: [OM] Re: 135/2.8 (was a digestreply)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 135/2.8 (was a digestreply)
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 21:48:48 -0300
Well, I have the kit you describe there and...frankly...I do find the
135/3.5 to be less contrasty and "sharp" than its /2.8 big brother.
Quite a shame, since it is a cute little lens - but I rarely pick
thatone over the 135/2.8. If you get a chance to borrow a 135/3.5,
you should test it out to see if the image appeals to you (and if you
are around where I am, I'd be happy to lend mine to you for a test
run). I think that the 100/2.8 and 135/3.5 are miles apart....

--thomas

That's interesting Thomas. I think it is Tom Scales who has spoken very
favorably about the 135/3.5 in the past. I plan to keep the 135/2.8, as it
is especially better for combination with a 2x, but the appeal for the other
135 is for the smaller size and filter size. I had thought they were
reportedly quite similar in image quality.
Wayne