Re: [OM] Re: 135/2.8 (was a digestreply)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 135/2.8 (was a digestreply)
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 04:31:55 +0200
On Thu, 15 May 2003 20:51:49 -0400
"Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Personally I DO like the 135/3.5, but do admit that the 135/2.8 is
> probably'better'.  Just like almost all the faster Zuikos are
> 'better', but they all produce fine photographs.

Yup. For all the Zuikos I have, I can say that the ultimate
limitation usually is the photographer, not the glass.

> I'm a member of the smaller is better, silvernose is good, they all
> do great fan club.

<tom-mocking>
Uhmm...I thought that in the US, the phrase was "bigger is better" -
or perhaps "do you want to super-size that order?" :) Weren't you the
guy who had 2 samples of the 180/2 sitting around? Smaller is better,
huh? :)
</tom-mocking>

> My 21 is a 3.5, my 28 is a 2.8, my 135 is a 3.5 and my 200 is a 5.

That's a good kit. I have the 28/2.8, which I find to be one of the
often unspoken gems of the Zuiko series, as well as the 200/5 which I
- much to my surprise - find on par with and occationally better than
my 200/4.

I'd often "suit up" with 28/2.8 (or 24/2.8), 85/2 and 200/5 since
that makes for something that can easilly be carried in coat pockets
without looking more silly than my usual self...:)

I've got to try a 21/3.5 some day.......well, on second thought, I
better not :)

--thomas

> Tom

  Thomas Heide Clausen