RE: [OM] Why you don't want your film x-rayed

Subject: RE: [OM] Why you don't want your film x-rayed
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:04:02 +0100
Where was that film processed Dan?

The pattern of 'staining' looks unlike what (in my ignorance) I would expect
from X ray irradiation.  And the jagged marks on the first frame look very
much like a piece of adhesive tape, used to join films prior to processing,
has come adrift.  Looking again at the other frames, it looks much more like
a processing fault in which the film has been touch ing the sides of the
tank - as you describe.

BUT please note that I am no expert on X rays but do have 'extensive'
experience of just the kind of processing fault described :-(

OTOH I have passed through London Gatwick outbound security dozens of times
since 9/11, often with the same film in the camera for repeated visits
without any detectable fogging (though only ISO400 Colour neg).  But that
was not hold baggage, of course, so likely less powerful X rays.

Piers