RE: [OM] Motor Drive 2 - What to look out for

Subject: RE: [OM] Motor Drive 2 - What to look out for
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:32:02 +0100
Jan, from a European (well OK, UK) perspective, the price is not bad.  I
have seen several MD1 for over Euro200.

Anecdote:-
The only MD2 I have come across is one I saw nearly two years ago in the
window of a small central London used dealer.  GBP499 (USD750)!  Used, no
charger, who knows what the state of the NiCads would be.  I thought there
was a chance that they had the wrong price on.  For GBP199 I was interested.
For GBP49... So I went in to ask. After a long search through bits of paper,
the verdict - no mistake.

Two months ago the same MD2 is still there.  So that is off the top end of
the scale.

I recommend the M18V grip to overcome the dubious NiCads problem.

Piers